Vittoria Air-Liner Insert - MTB (single)
- The Vittoria Air-Liner is a tyre insert, designed for use in tubeless tyres.
- Air-Liner increases control, durability, performance, and protection of both tyre and wheel.
- Compatible with any wheel size (up to 29”), any tubeless valve, and tyre widths from 1.9-4.0”.
The Air-Liner is available in 4 sizes, and is compatible with all makes and models of tyres.
- S = 1.9’’ – 2.25’’ XC / Marathon (weight: 90g*)
- M = 2.25’’ – 2.5’’ All MTN / Enduro (weight: 165g*)
- L = 2.5’’ – 2.70’’ Enduro / Plus (weight: 200g*)
- XL = 2.70’’ – 4.00’’ Plus / Fat (weight: 234g*)
*Stated weight is prior to trimming to your wheel size requirement.
The Air-Liner is a high-quality polymer insert, which replaces a portion of the air volume in the tyre. This trait, combined with the shape, provides a tunable system that enhances your ride performances.
The Air-Liner destroys the traditional compromise of stability vs. grip, and allows your tyres to remain stable, grippy, and controlled, even at low pressures.
The Air-Liner is designed using a round cross section, with channels on the top and bottom. The top channel provides room for the tunable air chamber that sits directly beneath the tyre tread. Upon impact, the corner edges of the channel flex first, and progressively build to the thicker portion, as the tyre is compressed. This allows the tread to remain flexible, which increases traction, without sacrificing impact resistance. The bottom channel allows for easy fine-tuning of the air chamber, and allows for full compatibility of all valve core styles.
The round cross-section shape mimics the natural shape of the tyre, and supports a greater contact area within the sidewalls of the tyre casing. Side-to-side tyre stability is increased, yet the tread remains soft and grippy. This improves cornering, climbing, and braking performance.
- Protection: Both wheel and tyre are protected by the Air-Liner insert. By cushioning impacts from within the tyre, your expensive rim remains protected, while eliminating flats caused by rim-strike impacts.
- Control: The Air-Liner insert replaces air volume in the tyre. The reduced air volume allows the tyre to compress and rebound in a more controlled manner compared to standard tubeless systems.
- Performance: Side-to-side tyre stability is increased, yet the tread remains soft and grippy. This improves cornering, climbing, and braking performance.
- Durability: This highly durable polymer material has been tested to a projected life of 2000 hours under normal riding, or 1 full hour of run-flat downhill use under a typical rider.