STAN'S NOTUBES - FLOW MK4 WHEELSET - CHRIS KING - HAND BUILT
This wheelset is individually hand built to order by Wide Open. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
PROGRESS, PUSH BOUNDARIES.
Corner harder, send it further, and carry more speed through any section of trail. Today's Flow MK4 gives you the control you need to push boundaries.
RIM: Stan's Flow MK4
HUBS: Chris King CL
DRIVER: Shimano HG, Shimano Micro Spline (MS), SRAM XD
SPOKES: Sapim Race DB J-bend
SPACING: Boost 110X15 / 148X12
We've paired the all-new Flow MK4 rim with legendary Chris King hubs to produce one of our most versatile wheelsets yet. Light enough for all-day epics, yet strong and stiff enough to inspire you to push your limits for years to come.
Each and every hand built Wide Open wheelset is individually crafted with precision in their purpose-built workshop in Rotorua, New Zealand, by specialist mechanics who have worked at the highest professional levels of the sport. Their wheels have proven themselves on home soil and internationally under the most demanding elite riders. We know that after your first spin on yours, you won't want to ride anything else.
STAN'S NOTUBES - FLOW MK4 RIM
Since 2007, the Flow rim has been helping riders progress, push boundaries, and do more on their bikes. The original Flow was light, wide, tubeless, and strong as hell. It redefined mountain bike rims and played a role in the evolution of riding. Today's Flow MK4 continues the progression with a 30mm wide asymmetric rim designed to build an even stronger overall wheel. Durability and an almost uncanny feeling of control on the trail have made Flow rims the preferred choice of multiple Red Bull Rampage riders, and today’s Flow goes even further.
The Flow MK4’s reinforced spoke bed, combined with the offset drilling of the asymmetric design, builds into an incredibly durable wheel that brings added confidence to every ride. Unlike many asymmetric rims, the Flow MK4's BST Asymmetric shape is designed to equalize resistance to dents and tyre bead retention on both sides of the rim under even the worst rock gardens and hardest cornering. Combined with Stan's patented BeadSocket Technology, the Flow MK4 rim offers the easiest tubeless setup and most reliable airtight performance on the trail. Ramp up your progression and make every ride even better with the confidence of Flow MK4 asymmetric rims.
- Low-profile 30mm internal width optimizes tyre shape, traction, and control for 2.3-2.6” tyres
- Durable 6069 aluminum with welded joint and reinforced spoke bed
- BST Asymmetric design combines Stan’s legendary easy tubeless inflation with a stronger, more balanced wheel build
CHRIS KING HUBS
The patented Chris King RingDrive, with 72-points of simultaneous-engagement, will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings is what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house LD bearings
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our Chris King Hub Service Tool
- Responsibly lightweight
- Ceramic bearing upgrade available - please enquire
- 29" / CHRIS KING / SRAM XD / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / CHRIS KING / SHIMANO HG / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / CHRIS KING / SHIMANO MICRO SPLINE (MS) / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET
- 27.5" / CHRIS KING / SRAM XD / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET
- 27.5" / CHRIS KING / SHIMANO HG / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET
- 27.5" / CHRIS KING / SHIMANO MICRO SPLINE (MS) / CENTRE LOCK (CL) / 110X15 / 148X12 FLOW MK4 WHEELSET