STAN'S NOTUBES - CREST MK4 WHEELSET - DT350 - HAND BUILT
This wheelset is individually hand built to order by Wide Open. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
SETTING THE BAR FOR GRAVEL AND XC WHEELSETS.
When you're looking for a lightweight Gravel and XC wheelset built to roll fast, the aluminum Crest MK4 is your wheelset.
RIM: Stan's Crest MK4
SPOKE COUNT: 32/32, 28/28
DRIVER: Shimano HG, Shimano Micro Spline (MS), SRAM XD, SRAM XDR, Shimano HG11
SPOKES: Sapim Race DB J-bend
SPACING: Boost 110X15 / 148X12, Gravel 100x12 / 142x12
Built around the new and improved Crest MK4 rim and legendary DT350 hubs for maximum speed on the XC racetrack, short-travel trail riding or your gravel adventures. This wheelset strikes an optimal balance between nimble, spirited climbing and confident descending, and lends itself perfectly to big-tyre gravel epics.
Each and every hand built Wide Open wheelset is individually crafted with precision in their purpose-built workshop in Rotorua, New Zealand, by specialist mechanics who have worked at the highest professional levels of the sport. Their wheels have proven themselves on home soil and internationally under the most demanding elite riders. We know that after your first spin on yours, you won't want to ride anything else.
STAN'S NOTUBES - CREST MK4 RIM
Crest rims are part of the history of mountain biking. Introduced in 2005, the Crest's design evolved directly from Stan's earliest ideas, including the legendary 355 rims. Stan wanted a simple and durable rim that would work well without a tube and weighed less than everybody else's rims. The Crest achieved those goals. With a more durable and lighter 6069 alloy and an asymmetric rim shape that balances spoke tension, today's Crest MK4 has technology that's light years ahead of the early design, but the spirit of the original Crest lives on: make it light, make it serviceable, make it resist flats, and make it go as fast as possible.
The BST Asymmetric rim design of the Crest MK4 allows for a stronger wheel while offering the easy inflation and Stan’s trademark unmatched airtight seal. The Crest MK4 rim is optimized for 40mm Gravel tyres and up to 2.3” mountain bike tyres, making it a great, versatile choice for a wide range of bikes and riding styles. The durable but forgiving ride of the Crest MK4’s 6069 alloy construction and lightweight, low-profile rim shape offer an unbeatable ride quality uniquely suited to Gravel and short-travel XC riding, and like all rims that bear the Crest name, it’s built for speed.
The Crest MK4 combines the heritage of Stan’s legendary tubeless design with today’s best materials and a stronger asymmetric design. Roll faster with more comfort and more security on your next Gravel or XC ride with the Crest MK4 rim.
- 25mm rim width optimized for Gravel and XC tyres up to 2.3”
- Light and durable 6069 aluminum with welded joint and reinforced spoke bed
- BST Asymmetric design combines Stan’s legendary easy tubeless inflation with a stronger, more balanced wheel build
Thanks to the proven freehub Ratchet System, the 350 hub is a dependable partner for every adventure. The 36-tooth ratchets ensure direct power transmission. The sophisticated yet simple construction of the hub allows a low weight while providing outstanding rolling performance. The new DT350 sets a benchmark in durability, reliability and light weight.
- The patented Star Ratchet freewheel system, which features high-precision ratchets, guarantees top performance and reliability. The simultaneous engagement of the ratchet teeth makes the Ratchet System extremely reliable since the loads are distributed equally across a large contact surface.
- Years of experience regarding optimal bearing preload and knowledge of production tolerances allow DT Swiss to design durable, play-free hubs without bearing play adjustment. With this hub design additional weight can be saved, with the advantage of easy maintenance and quick conversion to other freewheel and axle systems.
- 29" / DT350 / SRAM XD / 6 Bolt Disc (6B) / Boost 110X15 / 148X12 CREST MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / DT350 / Shimano Micro Spline (MS) / 6 Bolt Disc (6B) / Boost 110X15 / 148X12 CREST MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / DT350 / Shimano HG / 6 Bolt Disc (6B) / Boost 110X15 / 148X12 CREST MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / DT350 / SRAM XDR / 6 Bolt Disc (6B) / Gravel 100X12 / 142X12 CREST MK4 WHEELSET
- 29" / DT350 / Shimano HG11 / 6 Bolt Disc (6B) / Gravel 100X12 / 142X12 CREST MK4 WHEELSET