- Versatile tread pattern ideal for varied terrain and surfaces.
- The SmartGRIP compound provides high grip performance in wet and dry conditions, even as the tread wears.
- The ProWALL sidewall reinforcement increases puncture protection and improves handling at low pressures.
- An additional layer of nylon fabric applied to the casing sidewalls improves protection and cornering stability.
- Additional 'bridges' help support knobs and improve mud-shedding ability.
- A tubeless-ready design for enhanced puncture protection and lower riding pressures.
|29" x 2.4" (60-622)||SmartGRIP
||ProWALL, 60TPI||Tubeless Ready (TLR) folding
Decades of victories in Motocross and Rally competitions around the world led our engineers to the development of a new innovative rubber formulation: the SmartGRIP Compound for the Scorpion™ MTB which blends together opposite features:
- Tear resistance for the maximum mechanical grip on dry and wet surfaces together with the maximum resistance against punctures;
- Chemical grip on wet terrain for unconditional riding in any kind of weather;
The SmartGRIP Compound is the result of an extensive process of research and development that led us to absolute performances in either dry and wet conditions. We chose a single compound formulation in order to achieve the most consistent performances throughout the entire lifespan of the tyre even when the knobs start to wear off.
The ProWALL features a sidewall protection that enhances the puncture resistance and the handling at low inflation pressure. The sidewall is reinforced with an extra layer of nylon that increases the resistance against penetration and cuts while stabilizing the tyre at low inflation pressure for a confident ride over any kind of terrain.
The ProWALL is a solid option for XC racing and trail riding.
The ProWALL casing is the preferred choice of our World Cup riders: a carcass that features 120tpi fabric reinforcements for a reliable and fast setup capable of handling the modern cross-country parcours, the marathon races, down-country use and non-technical trails.