- Versatile tread pattern ideal for varied terrain and surfaces
- The SmartGRIP compound provides high grip performance in wet and dry conditions, even as the tread wears
- The HardWALL structure features bead-to-bead protection and a hard rubber insert above the bead for extra reliability
- The casing design improves reliability and provides more support at lower pressures
- Additional 'bridges' help support knobs and improve mud-shedding ability
- A tubeless-ready design for enhanced puncture protection and lower riding pressures
|29" x 2.6" (65-622)||SmartGRIP
||HardWALL, 60TPI||Tubeless Ready (TLR) folding
Decades of victories in Motocross and Rally competitions around the world led our engineers to the development of a new innovative rubber formulation: the SmartGRIP Compound for the Scorpion™ MTB which blends together opposite features:
- Tear resistance for the maximum mechanical grip on dry and wet surfaces together with the maximum resistance against punctures;
- Chemical grip on wet terrain for unconditional riding in any kind of weather;
The SmartGRIP Compound is the result of an extensive process of research and development that led us to absolute performances in either dry and wet conditions. We chose a single compound formulation in order to achieve the most consistent performances throughout the entire lifespan of the tyre even when the knobs start to wear off.
The HardWALL is a reinforced MTB casing that features a bead-to-bead protection together with an insert of hard rubber above the bead making it a construction capable of handling the most aggressive riding styles. The multiple reinforcement integrated with the carcass deliver a solid support when riding at low inflation pressure, especially thanks to the thick rubber insert which easily handles high weight loads and prevents pinch flats. The result is a 60tpi mountain bike casing whIch is very stable at low inflation pressure increasing its reliability and the riding quality. The HardWALL casing is specifically designed for trail and enduro riding.