KENDA - 27.5" HELLKAT PRO
The Hellkat is an all-new gravity tyre, developed with UR Team pro riders. An optimized tread design lets you rip across a wide range of conditions, never letting you down through sharp turns or aggressive braking. Equipped with Advanced Enduro Casing, the Hellkat is unimpressed by any sharp object you may encounter on your ride. Don’t be just fast - be fast as hell!
- Advanced Enduro Casing (AEC) - three pieces of KVS help prevent cuts and punctures.
- Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) - three pieces of KVS help prevent cuts and punctures, and a 20mm apex reduces the chance of pinch flats or burping.
- RSR evolution - New RSR dual layer compound for better control and long tread life.
- Versatile - Tread design is optimized for a wide range of conditions balancing traction, handling and rolling speed.
- Tubeless ready – Saves weight and provides a better rolling performance and more controlled handling. Riding tubeless also reduces the chance of flats.
|SIZE||COMPOUND||PROTECTION||TUBELESS READY||BEAD||TPI||WEIGHT (G)|
|27.5 x 2.4 (61-584)||RSR Dual Layer||AEC||Yes||Folding||60||1010±51
|27.5 x 2.6 (66-584)||RSR Dual Layer||AEC||Yes||Folding||60||1113±56
|27.5 x 2.4 (61-584)||RSR Dual Layer||AGC||Yes||Wire||60||1169±58|
RSR DUAL LAYER
Kenda developed this compound for a new generation of gravity tyres - an evolution of the existing Race Stick-E Rubber (RSR) compound. Building on the impressive original, the new RSR compound is a dual layer tread rubber, with the soft RSR compound on top and the stiff SRC on bottom. This new dual layer compound offers better performance because the stiff bottom SRC layer serves as the hard foundation for the softer RSR layer to push against. The result is a compound that provides better control and lasts longer than previous versions.
ADVANCED ENDURO CASING (AEC)
Developed for the rigors of Enduro. The new Advanced Enduro Casing (AEC) fills the gap between the burly Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) and the weight-optimized Advanced Trail Casing (ATC). Using the same 3-piece Aramid inserts as the AGC casing, AEC omits the apex at the bead: for the same high level of puncture and cut resistance but without the added weight. A dual layer compound provides the same reliable grip found on the AGC casing.
ADAVANCED GRAVITY CASING (AGC)
The most advanced gravity solution. The Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) is Kenda‘s latest innovation for gravity orientated riders. Utilizing strips of Kenda Vector Shield (KVS), a lightweight woven aramid material, positioned under the tread area and along the sidewalls to protect the tyre from cuts and punctures. The KVS material offers nearly three times more cut resistance than standard protective materials. A 20 mm apex along the bead prevents pinch flats and burping. Our lightest and strongest gravity casing up to date.